You can trade your current work situation for a jewel of the Caribbean sea — Anguilla. In this Wayviator Guide, we walk through the steps to obtain the Anguilla Digital Nomad visa.
Welcome to Anguilla, one of the most beautiful and secluded islands in the Caribbean. This small island is a British Overseas Territory and is located east of Puerto Rico. Anguilla is known for its white-sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and luxury hotels. If you're thinking about visiting Anguilla, make sure you get a visa in advance!
Anguilla is a great place to live and work as a digital nomad. The government has created a special visa program for remote workers, and the cost of living is very low. In addition, Anguilla has a fast internet infrastructure and a warm climate year-round.
This visa allows you to stay from a period of 91 days to 12 months. For stays of less than 91 days, nationals from most countries are generally allowed to come on a visitor visa.
Navigate to the official page if you would like more information, and read about the requirements below:
- Completed, filled-out application form
- Police records
- Proof of relationship of dependant via a marriage certificate
- A copy of your birth certificate for yourself and as proof of family if applying with family
- Copy of passport bio page with an expiry that is beyond the date of your departure from Anguilla.
- Entry visa for some nations — you can confirm if you need it from this list
- Health coverage that lasts the length of your stay in Anguilla
- A written description of the work you as the applicant will be doing
- For students, proof of school enrollment
91 Days - 12 Months
- This visa applies to remote workers—with income earned abroad
- You have to prove that have enough income to support your family (oddly, no threshold is provided)
- You need to have a negative PCR test for COVID-19 three to five days before your arrival
- You will need to go through the traveler application process to obtain a pre-travel authorization—you should not travel without this.
- A travel health insurance policy is required, and it must cover COVID-19, medical costs, full hospitalization, prescriptions, physician visits, and air ambulance
- You will enter a 10-day quarantine upon entry which can be shortened once you receive your negative PCR test upon arrival
Step 1: Visit the official application form webpage: https://ivisit.gov.ai
Be ready with the following information:
- A copy of your birth certificate and the birth certificates of any other applicant
- Your passport biography page
- Proof of either employment (employment offer letter and last paystub) and/or business incorporation (articles of incorporation)
- A police record with a validity date of not more than 6 months in the past
- Proof of Relationship to dependents
- Short Description of Work, as well as for all applicants (and school enrollment for students in school)
- Proof of Health Insurance that lasts the entirety of your trip
Once you have navigated to the homepage, you will be asked to create an account if you haven't already. Enter an email and create a safe password that you can confirm. Select the Terms of Service box and click Get started to navigate to the application page.
The option you should select is Work From Anguilla (Digital Nomad) if you are looking for a long-term stay visa.
Once you have created an account and selected the Work From Anguilla selection, you will arrive at a webpage where you can start the application. Select "here" to start your application.
You will now have four tabs to fill out, including traveler info, accommodation details, and the COVID-19 test. Be ready to fill out a health assessment, add your vaccination details and upload a COVID-19 test. A consent form to share your information is also included.
Review all your details at the end of filling out the four tabs before you hit "Submit" on the last page.
Step 3: The Concierge will contact you via email
Wait for the Anguilla concierge to contact you via email after you submit your visa. Answer any questions they may have and be ready to input your payment details as this will be the time to pay. Costs are listed below.
Step 4: Travel and COVID-19 testing
Once the concierge accepts your application and your payment, congratulations! You're going to Anguilla. But you need to get ready for testing in your home country.
The following tests are acceptable, and must be taken 2-5 days before arrival in Anguilla:
- Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction tests (RT-PCR);
- Nucleic Acid Amplification tests (NAA); and
- RNA or molecular tests;
Antigen tests completed via a nasopharyngeal swab are also acceptable but must be taken within 48 hours of arrival.
Step 5: Final approval
Upon submitting an acceptable COVID-19 test you will get final approval and an Official Travel Authorization Certificate. You can now work from Anguilla as a digital nomad!
Individual: $2,000 USD
Student: $2,000 USD
Family: $3,000 USD per family up to 4 persons (applicant + spouse and dependents (a child or step-child under age 26 or any other relative who because of age or infirmity of body is wholly dependent on the applicant for sustenance))
Additional Dependents: $250 USD each
If you enjoyed this article and are looking for more countries that offer digital nomad visas, check out our list of the top 50 countries offering digital nomad visas in 2022.