Digital Nomad Visa Requirements: Kyrgyz Republic and Thailand
If you're thinking of living the digital nomad life in Asia, then the Kyrgyz Republic and Thailand are two countries worth considering. Both countries offer exciting opportunities and experiences for digital nomads, including a Digital Nomad status in the Kyrgyz Republic and the Long Term Resident Visa Program in Thailand. In this blog post, we'll compare the visa requirements for both countries to help you decide which one is the best fit for you.
Digital Nomad Status
The Kyrgyz Republic has introduced a pilot project called the Digital Nomad status, which will be valid until December 31, 2023. The status is available for foreign nationals engaged in certain activities, including software development, media art, graphic design, and more. To obtain the status, you'll need to submit an application along with a passport, a digital picture of your face, and an income statement or copies of newly concluded or upcoming service or employment contracts.
- Passport of the eligible foreign state
- Digital picture of the face
- Income statement or copies of newly concluded or upcoming service or employment contracts
Long Term Resident Visa Program
Thailand offers a Long Term Resident Visa Program for eligible applicants. To qualify, you'll need to meet certain income requirements and have relevant working experience. The visa is initially granted for five years and can be extended for an additional five years if qualifications are met.
- Government fee: THB 50,000 per person for 10-year visa with Multiple entry
- Government fee: THB 3,000 per year to maintain Digital Work Permit
- Annual income of at least US$80,000 in the past two years
- If the income is between US$40,000 to US$80,000, applicant is required to have at least a Master's degree, own intellectual property, or receive Series A funding
- Relevant working experience of five years over the past 10 years
- Current employer should be a public company (listed on a stock exchange anywhere), or a private company with at least three years of operations with revenue for the last 3 years should be at least US$150 Million
- Health insurance with coverage of at least US$50,000 or social security benefits supporting treatment in Thailand or a bank deposit of no less than US$ 100,000
- Letter of verification issued within the last 10 years by the country of residence/nationality indicating clear criminal record might be required
Both the Kyrgyz Republic and Thailand offer exciting digital nomad visa programs that provide an ideal opportunity for working and living remotely in Asia. While the Kyrgyz Republic's Digital Nomad status is valid until 2023 and is relatively straightforward to obtain, Thailand's Long Term Resident Visa Program has more extensive requirements. However, it allows individuals to stay for up to ten years, and there are no limitations on the type of work you can do. Ultimately, the choice between these two countries will depend on your preferences, budget, and professional requirements.