A Comparison of Digital Nomad Visa Programs in Namibia and United Arab Emirates
If you're a digital nomad in search of fresh perspectives and new surroundings, you might want to consider getting a digital nomad visa. To make it easier for remote workers to live and work in their countries, many nations are now offering digital nomad visas with reasonable requirements and perks of their own. In this post, we'll compare the digital nomad visa programs offered by Namibia and the United Arab Emirates, the two fascinating destinations that are worth considering.
Namibia is situated on the southwestern coast of Africa, bordering Angola, Zambia, and Botswana. It's home to vast wildlife reserves, stunning landscapes, and breathtaking coastlines.
Digital Nomad Visa Program
|Application Fee||Around US$62 or NA$1100 upon arrival|
|Length of Stay||Up to 6 months|
|Income Requirement||For individual only: US$2,000 monthly
Accompanied with spouse: additional US$1000 monthly
Accompanied with child: additional US$500 per child monthly
Other Conditions or Requirements
- Required the original police clearance from the country of origin, translated in English
- Applicant might not be allowed to work in local markets of Namibia
- Duly filled application form
- Valid health or travel insurance
- Clearance certificate from the country of origin
- Marriage certificate if accompanied with spouse
- Bank statement of the past 6 months
- Motivation letter issued from Employer
- Copies of qualification
- Police clearance (original) from the country of origin
The Namibian digital nomad visa program is attractive for digital nomads seeking diverse landscapes, a tranquil atmosphere, and exceptional wildlife viewing opportunities. The visa is renewable up to 6 months and requires an income of $2,000 per month for the individual, plus additional amounts for spouses and children. The application fee is affordable, and the visa application process is detailed but manageable.
United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates, situated on the eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula, offers a range of opportunities for digital nomads, from coastlines and deserts to bustling cities such as Dubai.
Virtual Working Programme
|Application Fee||US$611 (including application fees, processing fees, pre-application medical exam, and emirates ID)|
|Length of Stay||1 year, renewable upon re-application|
|Income Requirement||A minimum of US$5,000 per month salary|
Other Conditions or Requirements
- Hold a passport valid for at least 6 months
- Must have a health insurance with UAE coverage validity
- Proof of employment from current employer with a one-year contract validity
- Must have a minimum salary of US$5,000 per month along with last month's pay slip and 3 preceding months bank statement
- Business owners must provide proof of ownership of their business, and should have an average monthly income of US$5,000 along with 3 preceding months' bank statement
- Virtual Program document holders and their dependents cannot perform work for a local employer in Dubai or provide any services to any person or entity carrying out business in Dubai
The United Arab Emirates' virtual working programme is perfect for digital nomads who want to experience the luxury of Dubai and its surrounding areas while keeping their remote job. The income requirement of US$5,000 per month can be met with remote work, and the visa is renewable upon re-applying. The visa application costs US$611 and requires a detailed application process, including a pre-application medical exam and a valid health insurance policy.
The digital nomad visa programs in Namibia and the United Arab Emirates are appealing to remote workers who want to explore unique cultures and environments while keeping their remote job. While the two countries' visa programs vary in their requirements, both offer perks such as renewable visas and affordable application fees. Depending on your preferences, lifestyle, and work requirements, either country could offer digital nomads a fantastic opportunity to explore a new way of life.